How to Choose an Omega-3 Supplement for Erectile Function Improvement
A variety of factors may lead to the reduced levels of omega-3 deficiencies in a male body. These fatty acids are called essential transporter complexes that are in charge of moving serotonin to the nerve cells junctions. And when the levels are reduced, males suffer from erectile dysfunctions that are various in the degrees of severity.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids for ED Sufferers
A sufficient supply of blood ensures strong and lasting erections is a man. The blood supply to the penile region comes from the arteries that are in the belly. During sexual stimulation, when it’s time for an erection, the arteries, smaller and larger, dilate. The penis swells and gets erect until an orgasm is achieved. This is a natural process in a healthy body.
Clinical studies prove that the unsaturated fatty acids are very helpful when it comes to the reduction of cholesterol levels. They increase the relaxation in the blood vessels and arteries, assist in improving the flow of blood to the penis and heart, and make erections stronger and lasting. Those males, who consume the sufficient amount of the supplement, go in for sports and practice good dietary, have fewer chances to suffer from impotence.
Generally, the omega-3 fatty acids help to:
- Restore weak erections;
- Deal with erectile dysfunction triggered by SSRI drugs;
- Cope with impotence caused by depressive mood disorders;
- Enhance the production of nitric oxide (NO);
- Increase the flow of blood to the penile area tissues;
- Sustain firmer erections.
Blood pressure. When blood pressure is rather high on a regular basis, it causes a significant inflammation of the blood vessels. Eventually, this condition has a negative impact on the release of nitric oxide inside the walls of smooth muscles. Unsaturated oils help to keep the blood pressure under control thus reducing any risks of inflammation and blood pressure disturbance. Australian scientists (the University of Western Australia) along with the researchers from the Cardiovascular Research Center discovered that 3-4 grams of the fatty acids per day are very effective in dealing with high blood pressure you and your body may suffer from.
Inflammation. Fishy oils can help the erectile function by lowering the severity of inflammation that damages the arteries and violates the sufficient supply of blood to the penile area. This effect was firstly illustrated by the scientists from the UK University of Birmingham. They stated that the fatty acids in fish oil are able to suppress the inflammatory cells release (neutrophils and cytokines).
The elasticity of arteries. It’s the same as the flexibility of artery walls. When there’s flexibility, the blood flows much faster and easily and no resistance is ever produced. In the case of low flexibility, weak erections are a frequent result. Scientists from the Medical Defense College that is in Tokyo illustrated that the condition may be significantly improved when the unsaturated fatty acids that are in fish oil are taken daily during 7 weeks.
Mild tonic. It is often offered to take such supplements to sharpen the mental focus and boost one’s mood. Fish oil has appeared to be very effective in preventing and relieving the symptoms of Alzheimer’s and Dementia diseases. It also allows easing the depression which is a frequent reason for erectile dysfunction in young males. Omega-3 fatty acids make a man feel better, have harder erections and frequent intercourses. He gets more sexually aroused and is always in the mood for intercourse.
Prostate cancer. When a diet includes these supplements, it helps a body to reduce the chances of prostate cancer.
Omega-3 Fatty Acids Rich Foods
There are many different sources of omega-3 fatty acids, mainly fish. We suggest varying your diet and adding different products to stay sexually healthy at any age:
- Cod liver oil is a supplement rather than food. It is extracted from cod fish and includes unsaturated fatty acids, vitamins D and A;
- Salmon is a nutrient-dense food type that contains large amounts of B5 and B6, magnesium, selenium, protein, and potassium. Regular consumption of salmon lowers risks of ED and heart conditions;
- Mackerel is rich in different nutrients, including vitamin B12 and selenium. Besides, it’s one of the tastiest fish kinds and is easy to cook;
- Herring comes next on the list and is a very popular breakfast in countries of Europe. A standard fish includes 100% of daily needed vitamin D norm and selenium, and a half of required B12;
- Sardines are especially nutritious when eaten whole. They are known for containing most nutrients a man needs;
- Oysters aren’t just aphrodisiacs, but also a food type rich in fishy oils, B12, zinc, and copper;
- Caviar consists of fish eggs. It is very high in choline, and low in omega-6 fatty acids;
- Anchovies are tiny, yet very oily. Consume small portions to add flavor to your sauces and dishes.
What if you don’t like fish? Where should you get omega-3 fatty acids from? Most vegetarians get them from pinto beans, kidney beans, flaxseeds, pumpkin seeds, canola, soybeans, walnuts, and chia seeds. As for vegetables, eat more kale and spinach, Brussels sprouts, and broccoli. Do you like fruit? Then consume more blueberries, strawberries, avocadoes, and blackberries.
! Please note that fish oil depletes vitamin E. In most males it’s not a problem, however.
Skipping Omega-6 Fatty Acids
Along with omega-3, omega-6 fatty acids are essential for proper body functioning. The only source to get them from is food as the body doesn’t make them. They take part in the functioning of the brain, its normal development, and growth. Omega-6s are essential for hair growth, blood health, proper metabolism, and reproductive system maintenance. The popular foods that contain these fatty acids are beef, eggs, and plant-based oils.
Nevertheless, there are studies that suggest that while unsaturated fatty acids reduce inflammation, omega-6s tend to promote it. When there is an increased intake of omega-6 fatty acids, a man may start suffering from complex regional pain syndrome. Large doses interfere with blood clotting and may lower the effectiveness of one’s immune system. This is why it is suggested to skip the 6s when dealing with erectile dysfunction.
Omega-3 fatty acids are definitely a good option for those, who are looking for ways to improve their erectile function whether they are 18 or 68.